Friday, September 10, 2010

Literature and Children

When I first read the line “Every child realizes that literature is taking him in a different direction from the immediately useful, and a good many children complain loudly about this.” (p.3), The way I interpreted Frye's point was that it meant that every child will react to literature in their own unique way; however, most will react the same way:by "[complaining] loudly about [it]." I agree with Frye's point because looking back and reflecting on my own personal experience with literature was that it did not send me in any immediately useful direction.

1 comment:

  1. I would completely agree with you sir. I can remember myself complaining about reading to. I don't beleive I have stopped.

    Herc

    ReplyDelete

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion."
G. K. Chesterton

Discuss, debate, post a comment...