Thursday, September 16, 2010

Assignment 1

“One person by himself is not a complete human being…” (p.6)
I would have to agree with Northrop Frye. My personal thinking of what Mr. Frye means is, one person who does not go outside the box or think outside the box is not living the human experience. We were not made to be perfect; to be a human being in my thought is that you would have to go through happiness, sorrow, love and hate. All the things that make your character and how you act.

The general opinion I have, is that if you were by yourself you would not get the emotional feedback from a wall then another person. You need other humans around you to become a "human being".

Herc

3 comments:

  1. I realize I spelt agree wrong, same with experience. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Herc,

    You can fix the errors. Just click on New Post, then click "Edit Posts"...

    ReplyDelete

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion."
G. K. Chesterton

Discuss, debate, post a comment...