Monday, September 13, 2010

Literature Doesn't Change, WE DO

While reading through chapter 2, Frye's view stating that literature hasn't changed is quite interesting. He states “I’m not saying that there’s nothing new in literature: I’m saying that everything is new, and yet recognizably the same kind of thing as the old, just as a new baby is genuinely new individual, although it’s also an example of something very common, which is human beings, and also it’s lineally descended from the first human beings there ever were.” This quote had me shocked as I realized media in today’s society has more similarities than one would expect from a book or movie from so long ago. As almost everything in today’s society is advancing I questioned if literature could advance as well; it is evident that there are only so many emotions that directors can use when creating new media or books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion."
G. K. Chesterton

Discuss, debate, post a comment...