Tuesday, November 30, 2010

you can be anything you want to be

"Not that is ever a single truth in a life, especially for a woman who built a career on refashioning woman's ideas of themselves; which may be why Chanel recounted so many different stories about herself, as if in each version something new might emerge out of her history" (Picardie, 13)

As I glanced at page 13, I found myself starring into the novel for quite some while. I was amazed, while beginning to read “Coco Chanel: The legend and the life” It finally came to me Gabrielle is outstanding woman. An elusive designer, who introduced simplicity into women’s wardrobes, changed the fashion industry and understood the true power of a trademark look.

She was simplistic and elegant however so very complicated when it came to her past. Coco had her personal stories and changed them frequently however; she was powerful and stuck by her idea of creating your own image.

It finally made so much sense to me, a self realization. Gabrielle truly created who she became, and not only did she succeed but she “built a career on refashioning women’s ideas of themselves.” (Picardie, 13)

Basically Coco gave me a new way of looking at “you can be anything you want to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion."
G. K. Chesterton

Discuss, debate, post a comment...