Monday, January 10, 2011

Modern day vs oldschool

"It is a fact of life that people love to complain, particularly about how terrible the modern world is compared with the past.
They are nearly always wrong. On just about any dimension you can think of – warfare, crime, income, education, transportation, worker safety, health – the twenty-first century is far more hospitable to the average human than any earlier time".

This is a great quote because I can relate to many times in my life, where my grandpa would comment on my schooling and compare it to his own. He tried to convince me that the teachings today are too soft. His idea was that it was better for the teachers to be allowed to hit the students again. I think that most kids would be able to relate to my situation, and we will be complaining about our grand childrens' schooling when we are old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion."
G. K. Chesterton

Discuss, debate, post a comment...