Friday, April 29, 2011

weak parenting, no control

“Not that I want to pry, son, but where exactly is it you go to work of evenings?’ I gave him a straight dirty glazzy, as to say to mind his own and I’d mind mine. ‘I never ask for money, do I? Not money for clothes or for pleasures? All right, then, why ask?” (37)


This is the scene where the state of Alex's family is revealed. His parents live in fear of him and although they have suspicions of his late night criminal activities they are too scared to do anything about it. When his father tries to know what is going on at night, Alex quickly shuts him down. He is just a ruthless child who goes unopposed, no one is able to confront him and punish him for his criminal actions. This shows the state the society is in, violent youths are uncontrollable and even their own parents can't do anything to stop them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion."
G. K. Chesterton

Discuss, debate, post a comment...